Thursday, February 17, 2011

Britney Spears

Okay I just watched the new Britney Spears video, "Hold It Against Me" and I felt the need to blog about my endless love for Ms. Spears. I've been obsessed with Britney since 1999 and in some ways I almost feel like we grew up together. I cheered when she excelled (i.e. her "Oops...I Did It Again" and "Slave 4 U" VMA performances) and was devastated when her life fell apart (i.e. shaving her head, being strapped to a gurney and her "Gimme More" VMA performance) but regardless of whether I was thrilled or depressed I always cared and I can literally think of no other celebrity that am so moved by or care so much about. I don't know if it's her southern charm and endearingly obvious lack of fashion sense or her always catchy music and eye popping videos but I just can't not like the girl. Her first record was released while she was 16 and produced the #1 single "...Baby One More Time" and this year, at the age of 29, she will release her 7th album Femme Fatale, which features fellow #1 single "Hold It Against Me", proving that she has the fan base and staying power of fellow icons like Madonna and Cher. I'm currently slightly drunk and high on a few hits of Britney (a.k.a. I watched her new video like 15 times) so I'll stop rambling but here is a link to the new video and a few of my fave Brit pictures. Enjoy!
Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me






2 comments:

  1. 1) I want to be the person whose job it was to splatter paint that white dress.
    2) Is she trying to tell us something with all these alien videos?
    3) Love the homage to Rocky Horror.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For real! Whoever got to splatter the white dress was so lucky, and good catch on all the alien references. Maybe the real Britney was abducted by aliens and this is her less talented, less fierce alien imposter. At least that's what I'll tell myself every time I'm depressed over her lack of dancing.

    ReplyDelete